Category : Opportunities
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Government of the Federated States of Micronesia’s National Oceanic Resource Management Authority (NORMA) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Regional Oceanscape Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward an IT DEVELOPER based at the FSM NORMA in Pohnpei, FSM and reporting to the Chief, Division of Statistics, Compliance & Technical Projects. The IT DEVELOPER services include:
GENERAL SCOPE OF WORK
The IT Developer will be focused on the implementation of recommendations presented in the recent NORMA IMS Assessment or any other initiatives for enhancing the current and developing new IMS capabilities. Focus of work will be to ensure a functional system or set of systems at FSM NORMA that effectively support the business/work processes at the Authority. This can include maintenance and support for the existing systems, or new developments of supplementary IMS functionality and data warehouse and business intelligence. Tasks and duties include, but not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Liaise with external system providers (FFA, SPC, WCPFC, PNAO, etc.) for the purpose of analysing and documenting the systems and data managed by these providers and defining how the systems can be customised and optimised for NORMA’s needs;
- Carry out analysis and develop in-house solutions (both hardware and software) for specific business requirements (database applications, document management, etc.) based on the in-house IMS assessment report as appropriate;
- Coordinate and implement the setting up and subsequently maintaining and optimising the use of a SharePoint Online/Office365 IMS environment;
- Develop data extracts from external systems and create custom reports for business users;
- Coordinate and implement the planning, design and implementation of the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence capability, in any suitable capacity as needed;
- Coordinate and implement any other projects carried out as part of the IMS Program;
- Undertake and/or facilitate development and implementation of trainings for NORMA and relevant staff on systems use.
- Carry out other general IT duties in support of business users, including advice on ICT procurement needs of NORMA
- Other duties as may be assigned by Chief of SCTP Division.
- A Degree in Computer Science with at least 5 years relevant experience; or extensive experience and management expertise in technical or administrative fields; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Good working knowledge of relational databases and SQL language (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server or similar);
- Working knowledge and Understanding of the data modelling and database design principles and techniques;
- Working knowledge and Understanding of web technologies and development tools and environments;
- Solid working knowledge of both Open Source and Microsoft technologies (e.g. Linux and Windows operating systems);
- Good communication skills with experience in provision of training to staff;
- Self-motivation and willingness to learn new skills. Good working knowledge of English language
Additional desirable skills
- Experience with SharePoint and Office365;
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. PowerPivot for Excel, Power BI, Tableau, Yellowfin or similar);
- Experience with data integration.
- Experience supporting a fisheries or resource management agency in FSM or Pacific.
DURATION OF THE PERIOD
The position will be for an initial two (2) year period. (Probationary period of six months, annual performance review determines whether contract would be continued). This is a full time position and may be extended based on satisfactory performance.
- Salary will be based on the Local Labor Market Payscale and/or depending on qualifications.
- This will be a 2-year full-time position under contract with FSM NORMA.
The FSM NORMA invites consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned services by submitting electronic and/or hard copies of Letter of Interest, CV, support Degrees/Certificates and 3 reference letters to NORMA no later than MARCH 16, 2018. Selection will be in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011 edition). Full Terms of Reference (TOR) can be obtained from:
NORMA, FSM National Government
Attn: OKean Ehmes, PROP Coordinator
POBox 122, Pohnpei, FM 96941
Office Telephone: 691-320-2700/5181
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Copy to email@example.com