Category : Opportunities
June 30, 2018
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Government of the Federated States of Micronesia’s National Oceanic Resource Management Authority (NORMA) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Regional Oceanscape Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for an Electronic Reporting Officer based in Pohnpei, FSM. The E-Reporting Officer services include:
General Scope of Work
- Collaborate with relevant NORMA staff to coordinate vessel and observer on-board E-Reporting.
- Assist with development of procedures and processes in NORMA for timely and effective e-reporting.
- Ensuring that NORMA can readily import electronic observer data into their national NORMA database system in collaboration with NORMA IT and statistics staff.
- Assist with selection, training, monitoring, debriefing and coordinating of observers in e-reporting and related work.
- Install and provide usage tutorial of relevant software/computer programs onboard participating vessels .
- Ensuring ER portal is operating on a day-to-day basis including identifying and advising of faults with the system.
- Assist with inventory and maintenance of e-reporting software and equipment provided for that purpose.
- Engagement of fishing companies in e-reporting.
- Providing technical assistance to and monitoring of vessels using e-reporting including by maintaining regular communication with vessel operators and service providers.
- Assist to ensure that NORMA can readily import the e-reporting data into their national database system and that relevant staff can readily use ER applications and data to support their work.
- Assist with ER access authorization and facilitate flow and use of ER data.
- Reporting to NORMA on all ER activities as per NORMA reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with regional and national fisheries management agencies and partners in the region participating in trials and implementation of E-reporting.
- Other duties as may be assigned by NORMA.
Minimum Qualifications and Short-listing Criteria
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or related field. An Associates degree could be considered if extensive relevant professional experience is proven.
- 2 years relevant professional experience.
- Relevant IT skills/experience with android based devices, operating database systems, Microsoft Windows, MS Office products and Internet Browsers. Ability to install applications, undertake troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver in-house training and providing necessary guidance.
- Good written and oral communication skills, especially report writing.
- Proven ability to work independently and under limited supervision.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- A general understanding of the technical aspects of E-Reporting.
- Experience working in Tuna fisheries sector and with Pacific Islands especially with Observer programs
- Salary will range from $13,000 to $15,000 but be based on the Local Labor Market Payscale and/or depending on qualifications.
- This will be a 2-year full-time position under contract with FSM NORMA subject to renewal based on performance.
The FSM NORMA invites applicants to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned services by submitting electronic and/or hard copies of a) Letter of Interest, b) CV or resumé, c) support Degrees/Certificates and d) three 3 reference letters to NORMA no later than JUNE 08, 30, 2018. Selection will be in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011 edition). Full Terms of Reference (TOR) can be obtained from: NORMA, FSM National Government. Attn: OKean Ehmes, PROP Coordinator, P.O Box PS-122, Pohnpei, FM 96941, Office Telephone: 691-320-2700/5181 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Copy to email@example.com.