Category : Opportunities
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Closing: APRIL 12, 2019
The Government of the Federated States of Micronesia’s National Oceanic Resource Management Authority (NORMA) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Regional Oceanscape Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for a Project Officer based in Pohnpei, FSM. The Project Officer services include:
General Scope of Work (illustrative):
- Oversee and monitor/update the project procurement plan in the World Bank STEP online system; Lead in the preparation of procurement activities as appropriate. Assist with any clearances processes from relevant government agencies and/or the World Bank task team;
- Work on the procurement process including advertising, receiving bids/proposals, drafting no objection requests; also including organizing evaluation committees and publishing results of tender processes as relevant;
- Undertake procurement, under World Bank Shopping procedures, for goods and services associated with incremental operating costs ensuring alignment and availability of budget;
- Stay informed on regulations affecting procurement and of others relevant including tax regulations, customs regulations and any procurement regulations that may apply to the project;
- Maintain a list of vendors supplying general items for project implementation;
- Check invoices to ensure correct price, follow through to ensure that materials ordered have been received and comply with specifications, examine, or arrange for the examination, of the conditions of material received, and approve invoices for payment;
- Interact with the finance staff and project staff to ensure correct and timely payment to contractors and consultants and proper administration of contracts according to contract provisions and procurement regulations.
- Report and deal with any complaints from vendors, contractors or consultants.
- Assist in monitoring and reporting of procurement implementation status and progress to NORMA and the World Bank as required including preparation of related reports such as quarterly status reports;
- Maintaining filing system and retaining those records for the duration as required.
- Assist with financial management needs of the project as may be assigned;
- Assist with general administration and logistics including filing of all project related documents, project reporting requirements, arranging project related travel, scheduling and other tasks as needed.
Minimum Qualifications and Short-listing Criteria
- Bachelors Degree from a recognized institution in Accounting, Business Administration or other relevant degree. Associate Degree may be considered with 1 year relevant experience.
- Experience with working in a team environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Competency in the use of computer applications, especially MS Office and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and pay attention to detail.
- Valid driver license
Additional desirable qualifications
- Experience in procurement, project accounting and/or administration especially in the FSM.
- Salary will be within range of $10,000 to $12,000 but based on the Local Labor Market Payscale and/or depending on qualifications.
- This will be a 1-year full-time position under contract with FSM NORMA subject to renewal based on performance and availability of funding. The position is a local position aimed at building capacity of FSM nationals in this area.
Application: The FSM NORMA invites individuals to indicate their interest in providing the above mentioned services by submitting electronic and/or hard copies of a) Cover letter or Letter of Interest, b) CV or resumé, and c) support Degrees/Certificates to FSM NORMA no later than APRIL 12, 2019. Selection will be in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011 edition).
Full Terms of Reference (TOR) can be obtained from: NORMA, FSM National Government. Attn: OKean Ehmes, PROP Coordinator, P.O Box PS-122, Pohnpei, FM 96941, Office Telephone: 691-320-2700/5181
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Copy to email@example.com