The FSM National Oceanic Resource Management Authority (NORMA) is calling for students to submit interest in participating in its annual Internship program and the work-study/community service placement program.
A. INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
These paid internships are to promote interest and hands-on experience to high-achieving college students (primarily juniors and seniors, but freshmen or sophomores may also apply) who are near graduation or recently graduated, with an interest in fisheries or fisheries-related fields (including majors in natural resource management, environmental science, economics, accounting, business administration, finance, political science, etc.).
NORMA is made of five Divisions reporting to the Executive and Deputy Directors:
- Fisheries Economics & Development Division – Provides NORMA with sound economic analysis and advice to inform fisheries negotiations, investment and management decisions.
- Corporate Services Division – Supports the entire organization including the four other Divisions (Fisheries Economics & Development, Fisheries Management, Science and Compliance) with administration, human resources, IT, legal advice, finance and budget.
- Fisheries Management Division – Ensures the fisheries that NORMA is responsible for are managed sustainably and to the benefit of FSM through access agreement negotiations, licensing and permits, and administering the Vessel Day Scheme.
- Fisheries Science Division – Manages NORMA’s scientific needs and obligations, including the management of the FSM National Observer Program.
- Fisheries Compliance Division – Responsible for managing monitoring and control measures to ensure that fishing vessels comply with national laws and regulations and regional and international obligations.
Internships can be with any of the Divisions within NORMA.
Paid internships are limited. If you are interested in an internship, please complete the following items and email them to email@example.com
- Completed Internship Application
- Proof of health insurance
- Endorsement Letter from parents or school
A report of the project plus a presentation will be submitted to FSM-NORMA upon completion of the internship.
Provision of Facilities
The intern will be provided with limited internet access during their term with FSM-NORMA. Access to the internet and FSM-NORMA computing resources will be regulated under the FSM-NORMA data confidentiality agreement. All interns and attachments must sign the FSM-NORMA data confidentiality agreement;
The intern will be provided a working space with furniture and stationeries as necessary. He/she must produce his/her own working computer.
An internship at FSM-NORMA will be dependent on FSM-NORMA staff commitments and the availability of staff to support the beneficiary’s term at FSM-NORMA
The minimum duration of a paid internship is 2 months. Variations on duration can be negotiated.
Applicants who are interested in NORMA’s paid internship program must be FSM Citizens.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT NORMA AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
National Oceanic Resource Management Authority
Office Location: 2nd Floor, Ambrose Building, Kolonia, Pohnpei
PO Box PS 122
Pohnpei, FM 96941
Federated States of Micronesia
Telephone: (691) 320-2700/5181
Fax: (691) 320-2383