**Application submissions starting March 01, 2022 until filled**
The Government of the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) National Oceanic Resource Management Authority (NORMA) seeks well qualified individuals to fill the position of FSM NORMA Communications Officer in the office of NORMA, FSM National Government, Kolonia, Pohnpei FM 96941.
The FSM NORMA Communications Officer will report to the Assistant Director for the Division of Corporate Services and undertake the following illustrative activities:
- Primary responsibility for implementation of the NORMA Communications Plan;
- Initiate and coordinate all communications and awareness activities, including those of World Tuna Day, in alignment with the NORMA Communications Plan;
- Oversee working groups and individuals assigned to organize and provide support to such activities;
- Conduct awareness raising activities including PowerPoint presentations to various audiences in the four FSM States of the FSM;
- Promote the work of NORMA and Fisheries management issues in public events, social media or other modes as may be approved by FSM NORMA;
- Provide support to NORMA in development of appropriate public awareness materials, particularly those relating to World Tuna Day and public presentations;
- Provide advice to FSM NORMA on appropriate communications activities and appropriate tools with proper audience to target;
- Oversee updating of content and format of NORMA website and other modes of information dissemination by NORMA;
- Assist NORMA staff in drafting of press releases or other communications materials as needed by FSM NORMA;
- Coordinate the development and publishing of NORMA Annual Report, Newsletter and other required periodic reports and publications;
- Other related communications activities as may be assigned under the Communications Plan implementation;
- Perform other related duties as required by the Authority.
Bachelors Degree in communications, journalism, marine science or related fields. Associate degree may be acceptable given additional years of experience. Minimum of one year relevant work experience. FSM Nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
The Annual Salary is based on market rates but negotiable within a range from $15,000.00 to $20,000.00 depending on the qualifications of the applicant and the number of work experience years. This will be a full-time position under contract with FSM NORMA with likelihood of extension based on performance and funding availability.
Full Terms of Reference or Job Description can be obtained by contacting NORMA as below. Submit resume by mail or in person, but preferably by email to the following address with subject line “Communications Officer”:
Ambros Building, 2nd floor
P.O. Box PS-122
Kolonia, Pohnpei FM 96941
Phone: (691) 320-2700