REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Corporate Services Consultant
The Government of the Federated States of Micronesia’s National Oceanic Resource Management Authority (NORMA) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Regional Oceanscape Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward a local Corporate Services Consultant to be working with FSM NORMA in Pohnpei, FSM. The Consultant services include:
GENERAL SCOPE OF WORK& DELIVERABLES:
The objective of the assignment is to provide NORMA with support in its transition on reforms and restructuring under the new strategic and corporate plan with a focus on operations as a fisheries management organization. The local consultant being a resident of FSM will assist the international consultant in undertaking operational level tasks required for the establishment of the Corporate Services Division of FSM NORMA.
The Fisheries Corporate Services Consultant will report to the FSM NORMA Deputy Director and work closely with NORMA staff and other relevant NORMA consultants to collaborate on the following tasks to establish and strengthen the NORMA Corporate Services Division:
- Set up and initiate operation of the Corporate Services Division including developing/compiling an operational manual for the day-to-day operation of NORMA’s new corporate model to ensure the office is adequately equipped and able to function effectively.
- Formulate and deliver Corporate Services Divisional requirements in the NORMA Strategic and Corporate Plans during its transition and initial stages of implementation.
- Establish protocol and be the point of control and coordination for important internal and external communications for NORMA including website and social media ensuring such are in the operations manual.
- Establish procedure, coordinate and quality control internal and external reporting requirements for NORMA, ensuring such are in the operations manual and in line with FSM government processes;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a communication strategy and plan for NORMA.
- Formulate templates and processes to ensure that reports and data analysis presented to NORMA management are well structured, complete and quality assured through mentoring and/or collaboration with other Divisions
- Establish admin and logistics SOPs where needed and ensure systems are in place that meetings, travel and logistics are carried out to a high standard for NORMA and ensure such are in the operations manual;
- With the FSM Personnel Department, develop NORMA HR-related SOPs and assist with initial recruitment, training and capacity development at NORMA especially as related to the corporate restructuring and reforms. Provide advice and assistance for any HR related matter at NORMA including conflict resolution.
- Develop and maintain initially an Asset and Human Resources management system for NORMA.
- Assist with development of a staff orientation package to ensure all new staff and Board members go through a formal orientation process incorporating the new corporate strategy, structure and corporate plan.
- Establish SOPs and schedule and propose how to conduct/coordinate regular audits of how the organization of NORMA functions to ensure NORMA is functioning as effectively, efficiently and focused on the new strategic plan and corporate plan.
- Establish internal budget development procedures and assist with initial implementation of such to ensure NORMA works to an approved budget according to the government budget instructions, operates its finances to the highest possible standard and according to the FSM Financial Management Regulations — and ensuring these are in the operations manual.
- Ensure the NORMA budget process is developed in alignment with FSM Government regulations, the new strategic plan and managed in collaboration with each Division at NORMA.
- Work with management and relevant Divisions on the Administrative Penalty System to ensure payments made are accounted for and managed appropriately per accepted practice.
- In consultation with management and NORMA staff, supervise the setup of NORMA IT systems and infrastructure and address its initial development needs including providing management advice for ICT development and management
- Work with NORMA Management and Divisions to establish and implement protocols and controls of all important documents and data for NORMA including establishing policies, plans, agreements and standard operating procedures thereto. Ensure everything is secure, current, relevant and easy to find and use and also including such in manuals as appropriate.
The Fisheries Corporate Services Consultant is expected to work closely with advice of the existing international consultant to deliver more specifically the following:
- An operations manual, compiling all existing SOPs of the Authority and incorporating new SOPs as they are developed;
- SOPs specific to the corporate services division including on administrative, finance/budget management and logistics operations in alignment with national processes and incorporated in the operations manual;
- Update organizational structure of the Corporate Services Division with job description of all the positions therein with capacity development plan of posts in the Division;
- A NORMA-wide filing system that incorporates paper documents and electronic files of all the 4 divisions of the Authority; and
- Other duties as may be assigned to the Consultant as relate to the general scope of work.
a) University degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Public Service or equivalent and/or proven corporate management experience at a Manager/Director level or Senior level experience in public or private sector management or equivalent combination thereof;
b) Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; computer literacy; people management skills; attention to detail and process; highly motivated, trustworthy and dependable; supportive and accountable to effective delivery of services to client.
Additional desirable qualifications:
c) Specialized training in communications, IT, project management, accounting, human resources; Experience in the public service and fisheries sector; and experience in FSM or Pacific Island administrations.
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT & COST OF CONSULTANCY
This is a lump sum (based on specific deliverables as stated above) contract for 6 months with FSM NORMA with a salary based on Local Market Payscale with a compensation established depending on qualifications.
The FSM NORMA invites consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned services by submitting electronic and/or hard copies of Letter of Interest, CV, and support Degrees/Certificates to NORMA no later than January 2021, 2021. Selection will be in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011 edition). Full Terms of Reference (TOR) can be obtained from NORMA and Application package can be sent to: