January 20, 2021
It is the policy of the National Fisheries Corporation to have the FSM citizens be given first priority for the job consideration, with other citizens to be filled for the position if no qualified FSM citizens are available.
POSITION AND SALARY:
|Salary||Depending on Qualification|
|Location||Office of the National Fisheries Corporation|
|Employment Status||Four Year Contract and can be extended|
The Vice President will be based at the NFC Office in Pohnpei and his/her duty station is in Pohnpei, FSM.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for carrying out the strategic plan through overseeing operations, developing functional roles and assigning responsibilities to employees.
- Directly involve in the operational aspects of the Corporation.
- As Senior Officer of the Corporation, he or she report to the President/ CEO.
- Assist in develop business strategies and policies and monitor goals, recommend adjustments policies to meet goal and objectives.
- Be responsible for making sure that day to day operations and carried out efficiently.
- Be part of the Executive team of the Corporation.
- Attend Board Meeting and record decisions of the Board and lead status of updates for previous decisions.
- To bridge the gap between the day-to-day running of the Corporation and the sweeping visions of the President/CEO and the Board of Directors.
- Oversee all the employees’ workload and ensuring that projects are completed on a timely manner and budget.
- Monitor and manage the budget and production agenda.
- Responsible for overall successful operation of the different divisions.
- Delegate and assign responsibilities where and when appropriate to other staff and provide guidance and direction.
- Develop strategies on Risks for the Corporation.
- Evaluate employees and provide constructive feedbacks.
- Contribute acute awareness of fishing situation trends domestically, sub-regionally, regionally and globally.
- Work closely with joint venture partners.
- Do other duties as assign by the President/CEO and the Board of Directors.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economic, Fisheries or related fields.
- At least five years significant experience in the Tuna Industry, leadership or Management experience is preferred.
- Good communication skills and ability to motivate others.
- Team player mindset and willingness to collaborate.
- Willing to take responsibility and act independently when necessary.
- Willing to travel.
- Master Degree in Economic or Business Administration will also play a large role, visa-vies work experience.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual Salary will be attractive depending on experience, qualification and other factors;
- Housing, if PNI non-resident or non-homeowner and recruited from beyond Pohnpei State;
Application can be sourced from/Resume to: