REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: Tuna Fisheries Licensing Assistant
Category : Opportunities
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Government of the Federated States of Micronesia’s National Oceanic Resource Management Authority (NORMA) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Regional Oceanscape Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds towards a Tuna Fisheries Licensing Assistant to assist the licensing unit in the review of applications, issuance of fishing permits and the entry of data during NORMA’s transition from a manual to online permitting process.
GENERAL SCOPE OF WORK.
The Tuna Fisheries Licensing Assistant will report to the Licensing Manager under the Division of Management and Development (MDD). He/She will undertake the following illustrative activities:
- Assist the License Manager with receiving and reviewing of license applications from companies applying for a permit to fish in FSM’s waters.
- Assist the Manager with the manual and online process for issuance of fishing permits to fishing vessels.
- Assist with the collection, organizing and entry of data and information related to the permitting process into NORMA’s relevant databases.
- Assist with processing, analysis and dissemination of data and information related to the permitting process.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of MDD.
EXPERTISE REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Marine Science or other relevant field.
- Demonstrable experience in use of computer and entry of data into databases.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate punctuality and willingness to work beyond regular working hours to meet deadlines.
DURATION OF THE CONSULTANCY
The consultancy will be with FSM NORMA for a period of 1 year commencing in October 2017 to October 2018.
This is a short-term, time-based independent contract with FSM NORMA with a salary based on Local Market Payscale with a 1 year package ranging from $10,000-$12,000 depending on qualifications.
Submit electronic and/or hard copies of the following no later than September 15, 2017:
- a) Letter of Interest;
- b) CV or resumé;
- c) Copy of relevant individuals’ Degrees/Certificates; and
- d) 3 letters of Recommendation
Selection will be in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011 edition).
Full Terms of Reference (TOR) and other information can be obtained from: NORMA, FSM National Government. Attn: OKean Ehmes, PROP Coordinator, P.O Box PS-122, Pohnpei, FM 96941, Office Telephone: 691-320-2700/5181 Email email@example.com. Copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.