REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – ER/EM Coordinator
Category : Opportunities
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Government of the Federated States of Micronesia’s National Oceanic Resource Management Authority (NORMA) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Regional Oceanscape Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for an Electronic-Reporting/Electronic-Monitoring (ER/EM) Coordinator based in Pohnpei, FSM. The ER/EM Coordinator services include:
General Scope of Work
- Oversee and coordinate vessel and onboard electronic reporting of data and information for NORMA.
- Coordinate all work on video electronic monitoring activities of NORMA.
- Establish and implement e-reporting and e-monitoring procedures including implementation of standards in equipment, data collection and storage.
- Install and provide trainings or tutorials in use of hardware and software to observers and fishing companies in e-reporting and e-monitoring.
- Assist in implementation of e-reporting and e-monitoring trials and/or transitioning of NORMA to full programs when appropriate.
- Ensuring secure storage and accessibility of e-reporting and e-monitoring data from collection to data analysis/utilization.
- Work closely with NORMA staff and partners in the FSM, the Pacific region and internationally in areas related to e-reporting and e-monitoring and represent FSM interest in meetings as may be assigned.
- Assist with other duties as may be assigned by the Chief of Research Division.
Minimum Qualifications and Short-listing Criteria
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or related field. An Associates degree could be considered if extensive relevant professional experience is proven.
- 1-2 years relevant professional experience.
- Relevant IT skills/experience with android based devices, operating database systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Internet Browsers.
- Demonstrated experience in delivery of training.
- Good written and oral communication skills, especially report writing.
- Proven ability to work independently and under limited supervision.
- Project management experience and/or skills.
- A general understanding of the technical aspects of E-Reporting and E-Monitoring
- Experience working in Tuna fisheries sector and with Pacific Islands
Additional desirable qualifications
Experience in supervising staff and in and providing necessary guidance
- Salary will be within range of $14,000 to $17,000 but based on the Local Labor Market Payscale and/or depending on qualifications.
- This will be a 2-year full-time position under contract with FSM NORMA subject to renewal based on performance.
Application: The FSM NORMA invites individuals to indicate their interest in providing the above mentioned services by submitting electronic and/or hard copies of a) Cover letter or Letter of Interest, b) CV or resumé, c) support Degrees/Certificates and d) three 3 reference letters to NORMA no later than SEPTEMBER 17, 2018 Selection will be in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011 edition).
Full Terms of Reference (TOR) can be obtained from: NORMA, FSM National Government. Attn: OKean Ehmes, PROP Coordinator, P.O Box PS-122, Pohnpei, FM 96941, Office Telephone: 691-320-2700/5181
Email: email@example.com. Copy to firstname.lastname@example.org