PNA: Chief Financial Officer
Category : Opportunities
Parties to the Nauru Agreement (PNA)
AM3589 – Chief Financial Officer
As a key member of the Senior Executive Management Team, the CFO will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO.)
The CFO will have primary day-to day responsibility for accounting, financial reporting, budgeting and cash management of PNA.
In addition, the CFO is responsible for
- ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements, accounting standards and PNA Board directives and objectives as they relate to financial activities
- for managing PNA’s investment portfolio and advising the CEO and the Board on appropriate risk management strategies.
- in consultation with the Commercial Manager and the Vessel Day Scheme Manager provide professional advice to the CEO and the Board on broader operational and financial matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Business Administration with post graduate qualification desirable
- Hands-on experience with QUICKBOOKS or comparable accounting software
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change
- Aptitude for decision making and problem solving
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at CFO or Controller level in a SOE or private sector organisation with strong operational experience
- Demonstrated experience in timely financial reporting, planning and cashflow management
- Experience in living in remote locations and coping with the personal and work-related stresses that may be encountered in such environments
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Be a proven leader and team player who is reliable, able to motivate and mentor others, has integrity, accepts responsibility and is accountable for performance and outcomes
- Proven ability to relate to and communicate effectively with a diverse range of people and stakeholders such as the Board, management, staff, government, clients, finance, legal and other consultants and stakeholders
- Full membership CPA Australia or equivalent professional accounting association
Applications close on Friday 8th September 2017
To apply for this position:
- Download and complete the Application Form from http://www.vanguardpng.com.
- Email the application to email@example.com together with a copy of your CV in MS Word format.
Note: Do not include copies of any other documents. You will be asked to provide the originals of certificates etc if you are selected for Interview