NATIONAL FOOD INSPECTORS/COMPETENT AUTHORITY (CA) INSPECTORS
Category : Opportunities
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
EXTENDED DEADLINE: JANUARY 15, 2018
The Government of the Federated States of Micronesia’s National Oceanic Resource Management Authority (NORMA) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Regional Oceanscape Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward THREE NATIONAL FOOD INSPECTORS/COMPETENT AUTHORITY (CA) INSPECTORS based at the FSM Department of Health & Social Affairs (FSMDHSA) (ONE in Yap, FSM and TWO in Pohnpei, FSM) and reporting to the Head of National Food Safety Inspection Program or his designate. The CA Inspector services include:
GENERAL SCOPE OF WORK
- To provide regulatory inspection and certification services to fishing industry vessels and establishments within Federated States of Micronesia in accordance with the National Food Safety Act (PL 7-116), Subsidiary Food Safety Regulations, associated amendments, as well as the National Control Plan (NCP) and other CA System documents;
- To provide advice to other organizations with regard to the safety of fish and fishery products.
- Perform routine inspection of food facilities and vessels engaged in receiving, storing or preparation of food and food products for commercial import or export and recommend regarding the formal approval of establishments and vessels;
- To perform sampling and testing as required in the NCP and the National Monitoring Plan and Regulation
- Effective and accurate recording and reporting of CA official control activities;
- Enter ports of entry, detain and search vehicles/vessels at such port of entry and examine and take samples of articles and anything which is capable of being used for such preparation, packaging, storage, sale or conveyance;
- Collect evidence, samples of suspected food, obtaining statements and preparing reports;
- Act as witness in support of the charges against offenders of the National Food Safety Act and Regulations;
- Assist in developing and implementing training programs in Sanitation Management and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) for the food industry;
- Assist States with relevant education activities, surveys/investigations during outbreaks, conduct food inspections/recalls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in food science, health, fisheries or related field. Associates Degree may be acceptable if proven extensive relevant experience.
- 2 years experience in food safety inspection, management, sanitation or related work
- Fluency in the English language.
- Good written and oral communication skills including basic computer skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and under limited supervision with strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to work outside conventional working hours.
- Good people skills
- Strong commitment to sanitation and hygiene.
The incumbent shall undergo one (1) year of field work to be administered by the CA Team Leader. The incumbent must also attend, complete and pass the biennial national food safety and health certification training course and examination.
DURATION and REMUNERATION
The position will be full-time for an initial two (2) year period. Salary will be based on the Local Labor Market Payscale and/or depending on qualifications under a Contract with FSM NORMA.
The FSM NORMA invites submissions by electronic and/or hard copies of a) Letter of Interest, b) CV, c) support Degrees/Certificates and d) 3 reference letters to NORMA no later than JANUARY 15, 2018. Selection will be in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011 edition). Full Terms of Reference (TOR) can be obtained from:
NORMA, FSM National Government
Attn: OKean Ehmes, PROP Coordinator
POBox 122, Pohnpei, FM 96941
Office Telephone: 691-320-2700/5181
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Copy to email@example.com