It is the policy of the FSM Government that qualified FSM citizens is given first priority for employment consideration; with other Micronesian and U.S. citizens utilized in positions for which no qualified FSM citizens are available. NORMA is set to hire for the position of a Fisheries Observer Trainer/Debriefer.
POSITION AND SALARY:
Fisheries Observer Trainer/Debriefer
$463.86 + $40.00 Cola = ($503.86 B/W)
This is the minimum rate at step one of the grade. Higher rates maybe authorized in cases of hard-to-fill positions where it is appropriate to the qualification of the appointee.
National Oceanic Resource Management Authority (NORMA)
FSM National Government
Kolonia, Pohnpei FM 96941
DUTIES (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY):
- Oversee and manage the delivery of observer debriefing services for the National Observer Program in accordance with the PIRFO standards;
- Provide training, supervision and assessments for all trainer debriefers;
- Assist Fisheries Observers in assessing their performance and demonstrate how observers can improve all necessary at-sea data collection requirements; when required, be available to assist the National Observer Program including placement of observers, meetings with vessel captains and undertake observer trips on commercial or research vessels;
- Ensure all work practices and training activities are delivered in line with relevant organization and statutory policies, including health and safety, employment and equality laws;
- Oversee and manage the training of all fisheries observers for the National Observer Program;
- Conduct full observer training and refresher training in collaboration with regional and sub regional organizations such as SPC, FFA, PNAO, and WCPFC;
- Participate in other regional observer training in accordance with PIRFO standards;
- Participate in fisheries research cruises in the FSM EEZ and on regional cruises.
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a degree in Fisheries or related field or certified from the Pacific Islands Regional Fisheries Observers (PIRFO) plus 2-3 years of working experience as an fisheries observer and Pacific Island administration is desirable.
Send application/resume by mail, or e-mail to the following addresses:
Office of Personnel
P.O. Box PS-35
Palikir, Pohnpei FM 96941
Telephone: (691) 320-2618/2642