FSM Corporate Planning Adviser
Category : Opportunities
Original job posting at: https://jobs-apac.hudson.com/en-nz/federated-states-of-micronesia-fsm-corporate-planning-adviser-wellington-129330
Part-time 7 month assignment
Fly in fly out – Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia (FSM)
June 2017 start date
Corporate Planning Adviser – Federated States of Micronesia
- Part-time 7 month assignment
- Fly in fly out – Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia (FSM)
- New Zealand Government support programme
- June 2017 start date
The aim of this programme is to strengthen the National Oceanic Resource Management Authority (NORMA) by improving focus, operational effectiveness, capacity to engage in and implement regional fisheries management initiatives from the Parties to the Nauru Arrangement (PNA), the Forum Fisheries Agency (FFA) and the Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission (WCPFC).
NORMA’s mission is to be an effective guardian and manager of the marine resources in FSM’s EEZ for people living today and for generations of citizens to come. The NORMA Governance Board consists of five members/Directors, appointed by the President subject to the advice and consent of Congress. Four of the five are appointed after consultations with the Four States and one appointed at-large.
The New Zealand Government has agreed to support this endeavour by providing a Corporate Planning Adviser contracted by the New Zealand Aid Programme to:
- Contribute to a stronger and more resilient NORMA and NORMA Governance Board with better focus and greater operational effectiveness
- Improve the capacity of NORMA to engage in and implement regional fisheries management initiatives
- Be focused in terms of scope and intended results
- Be consistent with New Zealand Aid Programme policy
The responsibilities for Corporate Planning Advisor will include (among other things):
- Assisting NORMA to revise its corporate plan
- Assisting NORMA to implement the revised corporate plan, specifically in terms of transitioning to a new corporate model
- Assisting the NORMA Governance Board to develop its strategic plan
- Provide progress reporting on delivery of the priority outputs
- Ensure work plans are developed with input from FFA and SPC to ensure alignment with programmes in the region
The Corporate Planning Advisor will work to develop and maintain strong relationships with all NORMA senior staff, the Governance Board, and other contracted NORMA Advisers (for example, the Offshore Fisheries Adviser) through good interpersonal and technical skills, focussing on strengthening NORMA’s leadership of the sector.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to:
- Mentor, motivate and develop effective teams and transfer skills to staff and stakeholders in the Pacific context
- Establish rapport, communicate effectively, and work with, people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and education
- Work in a complex work environment
- Understand political sensitivity
- Engage with all stakeholders
- Work independently with limited supervision
- Plan effectively and anticipates issues, taking the initiative to address them, and developing innovative approaches to their resolution.
This opportunity will appeal if you are interested in being part of a programme that directly contributes to the enhancement of local communities in the Federated States of Micronesia. Your commitment will be required for up to 75 working days over 7 months on a ‘fly in fly out’ basis.
Closing date for applications: 5:00pm (NZT) on Wednesday 24 May 2017
Hudson Global Resources has been engaged to manage the procurement process. Please refer all correspondence, queries or requests for more information and a copy of the full Role Description to:
Associate Director, Hudson, Wellington, New Zealand
Office: +64 4 917 9200
Cell: +64 21 429 154
DDI: +64 4 917 9270