It is the policy of the FSM Government that qualified FSM citizens is given first priority for employment consideration; with other Micronesian and U.S. citizens utilized in positions for which no qualified FSM citizens are available. NORMA is set to hire for the position of a Fisheries Officer – Compliance/Data Technician.
POSITION AND SALARY:
Fisheries Officer-Compliance/Data Technician
PL-28/1 $382.26 B/W + $40.00 Cola PL-28/4 $441.46 B/W + $40.00 Cola
This is the minimum rate at step one of the grade. Higher rates maybe authorized in cases of hard-to-fill positions where it is appropriate to the qualification of the appointee.
National Oceanic Resource Management Authority (NORMA)
FSM National Government
Kolonia, Pohnpei FM 96941
- Responsible in inputting and analyzing all observer reports and tuna catch data into the Regional database (Tufman2) as required for reporting purposes;
- Record, analyze and enter tuna catch log sheet data; on daily basis coordinate and facilitate entry of fisheries log sheet data, unloading data, port sampling data and vessel position reports provided by fishing vessels;
- Ensure that relevant data is shared with the Fisheries Management Division;
- Liaise with fishing companies and boats owners for the departure/arrival times of fishing vessels and other data related matter; oversees the Tuna Date entry operation and generate statistical reports as directed from supervisor and management;
- Assist the Division for all reporting requirements for observer and licensing data information; maintain the integrity of the data entered into the system by cross checking the reports generated to detect discrepancies and takes appropriate action to correct the data;
- Assist other staff in verifying reports already entered into the TUFMAN 2 database; monitor and liaise with industry with any errors on reporting requirements and edits to assure they are in compliance with SPC reporting formats;
- Liaise with SPC on FSM fisheries data for analysis; prepare and submit tuna quarterly statistic reports to the SPC; Liaise with SPC on fisheries catch data and compile required briefing information before NORMA’s board meetings and bilateral negotiations and consultations;
- Prepare and transmit catch reports and vessel information to SPC for inclusion in the regional data base using approved protocols;
- Provide statistical report on catches to surveillance (MSW) upon request;
- Responsible for overseeing and processing of Catch Certificates; assist FO and AD in preparing transshipment declarations for domestic and foreign fishing vessels.
- Graduation from a two years college with a degree in Business Administration, Fisheries, certificate in MCS Fisheries is desirable or related field
- Including two (2) years of working experience in FFA, WCPFC and PNA compliance system, MCS and observer issues is desirable,
- good Knowledge and understanding of regional MCS is desirable.
Send application/resume by mail, or e-mail to the following addresses:
Office of Personnel
P.O. Box PS-35
Palikir, Pohnpei FM 96941
Telephone: (691) 320-2618/2642