REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Government of the Federated States of Micronesia’s National Oceanic Resource Management Authority (NORMA) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Regional Oceanscape Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for a License Assistant based in Pohnpei, FSM. The License Assistant services include:
General Scope of Work
The Tuna Fisheries Licensing Assistant will report to the Licensing Manager under the Division of Management and Development (MDD). He/She will undertake the following illustrative activities:
- Assist the License Manager with receiving and reviewing of license applications from companies applying for a permit to fish in FSM’s waters.
- Assist the Manager with the manual and online process for issuance of fishing permits to fishing vessels.
- Assist with proper receiving, recording and reconciling of license fees received by NORMA.
- Assist with the collection, organizing and entry of data and information related to the permitting process into NORMA’s relevant databases.
- Assist with processing, analysis and dissemination of data and information related to the permitting process.
- Assist with licensing and related financial reporting as required by NORMA.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of MDD.
Minimum Qualifications and Short-listing Criteria
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Marine Science or other relevant field.
- Demonstrable experience in use of computer and entry of data into databases.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate punctuality and willingness to work beyond regular working hours to meet deadlines.
Duration and Indicative Remuneration
- The consultancy is with FSM NORMA for a period of one year commencing in October 2018 to October 2019 and may be subject to renewal based on performance and availability of funding.
- This is a time-based contract with FSM NORMA with a salary based on Local Market Payscale with a 1 year package ranging from $10,000-$12,000 depending on qualifications.
Application: The FSM NORMA invites individuals to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned services by submitting electronic and/or hard copies of a) Cover letter or Letter of Interest, b) CV or resumé, c) Copy of school/training Degrees/Certificates and d) three 3 reference letters to NORMA no later than OCTOBER 17, 2018. Selection will be in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011 edition).
Full Terms of Reference (TOR) can be obtained from: NORMA, FSM National Government. Attn: OKean Ehmes, PROP Coordinator, P.O Box PS-122, Pohnpei, FM 96941, Office Telephone: 691-320-2700/5181
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Copy to email@example.com.