EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: CA-CDS OFFICER
Category : Opportunities
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Government of the Federated States of Micronesia’s National Oceanic Resource Management Authority (NORMA) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Regional Oceanscape Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for a Catch Documentation Scheme/Competent Authority (CA/CDS) Officer based at FSM NORMA in Pohnpei, FSM. The CA/CDS Officer services include:
General Scope of Work
The CA/CDS Officer will report to the Chief of the Division of Statistics, Compliance & Technical Projects. He/She will undertake the following illustrative activities:
- Coordinate CDS in the FSM, including but not limited to catch certification, mass balance reconciliation and traceability of fish.
- Coordinate with industry agents on status of tuna catch documentation for certification purposes.
- Develop and maintain an acceptable filing system and spreadsheet/database accounting for data, records and transactions relating to CDS.
- Produce reports, regularly and annually on catch certification and implementation of CDS and communicate information on CDS to stakeholders as required.
- Provide advice and input to enhancement and further development of the relevant computer software systems.
- Assist with the development and implementation of CA-IUU and CDS policy and standard recommendations and standard operating procedures.
- Collaborate and coordinate with observers, staff and National Food Safety Program on CA implementation.
- Maintain familiarity and adequate working knowledge of international, regional and national fisheries legislation and measures, including international fish trade standards.
- Monitor tuna transshipments and other related port/anchorage activities.
- Attend and assist with ongoing trainings and workshops related to the development and implementation of CA status and overall CDS in the FSM.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the Executive Director or immediate supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Short-listing Criteria.
- Bachelors degree from a recognized institution in Marine Science, Fisheries Management, Economics, Project Management, Public Administration, International Relations or other relevant degree. A relevant AA/AS degree would be acceptable with extensive relevant experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience.
- Competency in the use of typical computer applications, particularly MS Office, Excel and databases.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Available to work outside conventional office hours.
Duration and Indicative Remuneration
The position will be for an initial 18-month period. (Probationary period of six months and periodic performance review determines whether contract would be continued). This is a full time position under a time-based contract with FSM NORMA and may be extended based on satisfactory performance. Salary is based on Local Market Payscale with an annual compensation ranging from $14,000-$20,000 depending on qualifications.
Application: The FSM NORMA invites individuals to indicate their interest by submitting electronic and/or hard copies of:
- Cover letter or Letter of Interest,
- CV or resumé,
- Copy of school/training Degrees/ Certificates and
- three 3 reference letters to NORMA no later than OCTOBER 26, 2018.
Selection will be in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011 edition).
Full Terms of Reference (TOR) can be obtained from: NORMA, FSM National Government. Attn: OKean Ehmes, PROP Coordinator, P.O Box PS-122, Pohnpei, FM 96941, Office Telephone: 691-320-2700/5181 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Copy to email@example.com.