Catch Documentation Scheme (CDS) Officer
Category : Opportunities
New Deadline of May 19, 2017
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Government of the Federated States of Micronesia’s National Oceanic Resource Management Authority (NORMA) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Regional Oceanscape Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for a Catch Documentation Scheme (CDS) Officer based in Pohnpei, FSM.
General Scope of Work.
- Coordinate Catch Documentation Scheme in the FSM, including but not limited to catch certification, mass balance reconciliation and traceability, monitoring of tuna transshipment and related port activities.
- Coordinate with industry agents on status of catch documentation for certification purposes and ensuring documents are in an acceptable filing system and transactions recorded in spreadsheet/database.
- Assist with the development and implementation of CDS policy and standard recommendations and a Competent Authority (CA) addressing Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated (IUU) fishing.
- Assist with further development of the relevant software systems to meet FSM NORMA’s CDS needs
- Establish and implement operating procedures for management of CA-IUU and CDS in the FSM
- Attend and assist with ongoing trainings and workshops related to CDS in the FSM
- Provide relevant MCS support needed to ensure compliance
- Collaborate and coordinate with National Food Safety Program on CA implementation
Minimum Qualifications and Short-listing Criteria
- Bachelors degree from a recognized institution in Marine Science, Fisheries Management, Economics, Project Management, Public Administration, International Relations or other relevant degree
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant experience
- Competency in the use of typical computer applications, particularly MS Office, Excel and databases
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience in project management
- Available to work outside conventional office hours
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Familiarity with seaport activities
- Highly dependable and motivated self starter who can work with minimal supervision
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills with personal integrity and professionalism
- Ability to learn quickly, organized and detail-oriented
- Team oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Salary is based on Local Market Payscale from $16,000 to $20,000 annually depend on qualifications.
- This will be a 2-year full-time position under contract with FSM NORMA subject to renewal based on performance.
Submit electronic and/or hard copies of the following by : MAY 19, 2017
- Letter of Interest;
- CV or resumé;
- Copy of relevant Degrees/Certificates; and
- three (3) reference letters to NORMA
Selection will be in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011 edition).
Full Terms of Reference (TOR) can be obtained from: NORMA, FSM National Government. Attn: OKean Ehmes, PROP Coordinator, P.O Box PS-122, Pohnpei, FM 96941, Office Telephone: 691-320-2700/5181 Email email@example.com. Copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.