Category : Opportunities
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Government of the Federated States of Micronesia’s National Oceanic Resource Management Authority (NORMA) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Regional Oceanscape Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for a Vessel Day Scheme (VDS) Administrator based at FSM NORMA in Pohnpei, FSM. The VDS Administrator services include:
General Scope of Work
The VDS Administrator will report to the Assistant Director of Fisheries Management Division. He/She will be responsible for overall management of the Vessel Day Scheme at FSM NORMA and act as the main point of contact for the Scheme:
- Manage and implement the VDS in FSM by monitoring/reporting on vessel days’ utilization, trading and etc, ensuring fees are reconciled and transactions are recorded/filed through use of available tools such as the FSM License Systems, FIMS and other systems. Assist with tracking of the VDS related revenues.
- Responsible for analyzing and processing of Non-Fishing Days (NFDs) under the VDS.
- Establish and implement operating procedures, including those related to VDS information and data handling.
- Improve VDS processes including advising to FIMS and iFIMS or other systems to track vessel days.
- Provision of trainings and information on the VDS internally (FIMS) and to NORMA clients and stakeholders, particularly to Industry clients (iFIMS)
- Provide relevant VDS data to the NORMA Fisheries Economist and management when requested
- Provide monthly reports on VDS implementation to NORMA management
- Attend VDS related training and/or meetings as required
- Assist in the processing and managing of permit and licenses for NORMA
- Other duties as may be assigned by Executive Director and/or supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Short-listing Criteria
- University degree in finance, accounting, or business administration. Associates degree is acceptable if proven extensive relevant experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience
- Very organized and process/detail-oriented
- Competency and experience in the use of typical computer applications, particularly MS Excel/databases, Office, and Powerpoint.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Desirable: Familiarity with FSM fisheries or in the Pacific; Highly dependable and motivated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision; Ability to learn quickly; Team and customer-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills; Personal integrity and professionalism.
Duration and Indicative Remuneration
The position will be for an initial 18-month period. (Probationary period of six months and periodic performance review determines whether contract would be continued). This is a full time position under a time-based contract with FSM NORMA and may be extended based on satisfactory performance. Salary is based on Local Market Payscale with an annual compensation ranging from $14,000-$20,000 depending on qualifications.
Application: The FSM NORMA invites individuals to indicate their interest by submitting electronic and/or hard copies of a) Cover letter or Letter of Interest, b) CV or resumé, c) Copy of school/training Degrees/ Certificates and d) three 3 reference letters to NORMA no later than November 23, 2018. Selection will be in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011 edition).
Full Terms of Reference (TOR) can be obtained from: NORMA, FSM National Government. Attn: OKean Ehmes, PROP Coordinator, P.O Box PS-122, Pohnpei, FM 96941, Office Telephone: 691-320-2700/5181 Email: email@example.com. Copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.